We are currently accepting speaking proposals for DSE 2019. If you are an expert in innovative digital display and interactive screen technologies with a presentation that is interactive, engaging and energizing, we are interested in hearing from you.
It is highly recommended to submit proposals as soon as possible as spaces will be filling up quickly. In order for nominations to be considered, the proposal form must be complete along with all the presenters’ names, titles and contact details.
DSE relies on feedback from attendees and input from its advisory board in developing the conference program and pre-show events. These individuals, who represent a cross-section of digital signage and digital out-of-home network industry interests, have volunteered their time to help develop a high-quality professional education program for their peers, including recommending the topics listed below for inclusion on the DSE 2019 educational program.
While topics other than those recommended will be considered, the proposal must make a clear case for its inclusion. DSE will give first consideration to proposals that feature end-user speakers. We urge vendors to encourage their clients to submit speaking proposals.
Seminars may include both traditional presentations and panel discussion sessions.
Taking Your Brand Digital – How Far Can You Go?
- Where do you start?
- Do you keep it all in-house or outsource the project? Which aspects do you outsource?
- What should be your “shopping list”?
Creating the Visual - Structure and Content
What does it take to create the right visual in terms of hardware and software? (ex. menu, ticket box, retail boards, etc.)
What should you be looking for when designing the right pilot, and gathering the right metrics?
What’s Next in Displays?
- Flexible display options
- Improvements in displays as standalone configurations with connectivity and/or alternate power sources
- The rise of LED displays replacing large video walls and reducing costs, support staff, and overall daily maintenance
- Direct-view LED displays: what’s new, what’s changing, when to use this vs. traditional LCD displays or projectors, market price impact
- LED industry regulation, testing and quality control
- Transparent displays
- 3D displays
- Thinner, sleeker display designs
- More video walls, bigger displays, more kiosks everywhere.
- Displays – video walls – thin bezel: there are so many choices – interactivity on a thin bezel (poster thin) display?
- Digital signage on glass – can that also be interactive?
ROI – Cost vs. Benefit of Digital Boards
- What business models have proven to work in digital signage? What models continue to fail?
- Digital signage network longevity – creating value for years to come
- How to SELL the investment in digital signage
- Understanding profit in digital signage
- What is the future?
- Best practices
- How analytics can drive optimization based on target demographics
- Creative storytelling for DOOH
- Programmatic ad buying – how is it being measured and perfected? How to persuade the skeptics?
- Touch-interactive and AR wayfinding
- Organic (OUI) flexible LED modules using tighter pitches
- Integration of Virtual and/or Augmented Reality with digital signage and mobile technology
- Recent innovations in the industry that you should be aware of. What is next?
- Facial recognition
- Touch display technologies
- Digital tags – Integrating a new technology to the U.S. and how to change perceptions
- RFID triggered displays/content
- Beacons and Geofencing
- Journey to the Cloud
- Projection mapping
- Voice technology (Alexa, Siri, HeyGoogle) – how are they being used with signage?
Outdoor vs Indoor
- Outdoor touchscreens that have outdoor brightness capabilities, rugged glass/plastic, remote management, built-in cooling
- Differences in content creation for indoor and outdoor signage
- Making DS look good on LED (indoor and outdoor)
- How to work with LED manufacturers for outdoor and navigating the local ordinances for both building platforms and outdoor content
Digital Asset Management
- Supporting multiple hardware platforms simultaneously with one CMS
- Standardization: the ability to run various brands of displays from standard controller
- Choosing the right displays for your concept
- Understanding why commercial grade displays are important and how to find the right product
- More equipment is not always better. Simplified use of technology used to your advantage
- Competition – how to track the value of various projects/bids/installations
- Assets – what kind of assets/components do you need (ie. social network)?
- Appropriating assets
- Re-purposing existing assets
- What is the industry approach for analytics? What are you measuring, and how are you measuring it?
- How to measure digital signage data that is integrated with other data sources, such as touch interfaces, digital signs, cameras, Point of Sale systems, etc.?
- Real-time data – how to collect and integrate? Are there programs that can do this?
- Privacy and GDPR
- Internal communications – what data visualization can do for internal motivation and transparency
- Smart planning via mobile data
- Spotty internet service
- Limited bandwidth
- Installation and implementation costs
- Mobile integration strategies – QR codes, Bluetooth, beacons, SMS and more
- Mobile and CRM correspondence to digital signs – how can loyalty apps tailor the digital experience for customers? (ex. frequently ordered items communicating with POS or digital signage upon customer pulling into drive-thru or dining room to customize their menu or promotional message experience within the restaurant)
- Daypart optimization – best practices, lessons learned, industry leaders and applications
- Easily and possibly app-based technologies for screen management
- Mobile applications for CMS
- The importance of planning content into your budget – learning to allocate your budget for deployed content
- It’s important to plan out your creative goals and strategy before or as tech hardware is being selected
- Investment/planning/communicating useful life – understanding the issues and overcoming the challenges
- Lower-cost interactive projects – innovative ways for custom interactive content
- Installation and implementation costs
- Proven business models in digital signage. What models continue to fail?
- Digital signage network longevity – creating value for years to come
- Content – how to balance ‘downloaded templates’ and custom content development on a budget?
Case Studies of Unique Installs
- Shuttle buses/cabs/other interesting installs
- Digital signage on non-dedicated digital signage platforms (appliances), like the surge of DS integrated into room scheduling appliances and software
- Going beyond menu boards – outside of the digital menu boards at the drive-thru and dining room, where does it make sense to use Digital Signage (i.e. table tops)?
In-house vs Outsource / Vendor Selection
- DIY (Do It Yourself) vs. DIFM (Do It for Me)
- Many clients and projects have both – the client updates some easier elements themselves, and they turn to pros for the content they need a hand with
- Build it yourself or outsource it: content, software, installation, network management and more.
- When to hire an integrator?
- Do you need hire an integration firm or can you handle in-house?
Is 4K Needed?
- Especially at the extra cost, if you don’t have 4Kcontent
- Understand best ways to make 4K and even higher resolutions work effectively with multiple screen sizes and scales
- Is there a plan to support total migration/standardization of H.265 codecs for 4K+ resolutions, and is there a phaseout of H.264 in the works?
- Immersive CX (in Retail) – Many companies are developing single stores built around experiencing the brand rather than selling product. Their goal is to build brand equity and create loyal customers
- Visual storytelling / Retail environments are becoming more about the brand experience and bringing to life the qualities of the brand
- Immersive CX (in ALL other industries) – Creating an experience to add value to their offering from bars, restaurants, amusement parks, stadiums, hotels, etc. Companies need to make the experience even more amazing to get people excited and interested
- Digital signage as an experience enhancer rather than an experience interrupter
- Retail – how to keep the customers engaged
- Multi-user interactive experiences that drive design conversations and installation specs
- Integration – the right technologies (software, tech) for customer experience
Buy-In from the Right Stakeholders
- How to partner with resources to deliver on the expectations of today’s Chief Experience Officer and others decision makers
- Developing and implementing a Statement of Work (SOW) – this is the most important element of the proposal and client-vendor-integrator relationship to ensure the end result is what they need and want
- Marketing departments are integral
- Projects are being built from the visual communications requirements first. Content and creativity are first, technology is second.
- There is a paradigm shift where AV/IT are not leading projects anymore, and the voice of marketing is influencing direction and investment
- Engaged employees
What’s Next? Post-Installation Considerations
- Support on digital signage platforms
- How do you troubleshoot when content is not being pushed out to displays with SoC or Web OS?
- Repair and maintenance
- Support and security
- Developing content strategy that’s effective and relevant
- Used space – too many words or too busy
Data Visualization / Responsive Content Design
- How are environments such as lobbies and public spaces using data to drive visual art
- Responsive yet personalized content: How do you create a user experience that taps into your specific customer needs at any given time and provide information that is relevant to their personal situation? How do we take advantage of an ‘If this, then that’ type of AI?
The Art of Content Management / Beyond the CMS
- How should you really be managing content for a network? Moving beyond the playlist
- How to pick the right CMS for your environment
Updating Content / Flow Cycle
- How to deal with content after the first iteration: No one usually misses the first iteration of content, but what happens a year, two years, or five years down the road?
- Understanding composition/flow – how long should the cycle/timing be?
- Updating content is a pain, so anything that’s coming from data sources is important
- Internal data sources – end-users have content locked away in various data formats, and connecting to these sources and formatting them for digital signage gets bigger and more important every day
Template vs. Customized
How to balance ‘downloaded templates’ and custom content development on a budget
Cross Platform Content CMS
How do large organizations share content (presentations) across different CMS providers?
CENTRAL PARK SPONSOR
RECEPTION & APEX AWARDS SPONSOR